Bruschetta -esque Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes drained and rinsed
- 1 6 ounce box stuffing mix herb or chicken flavored
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized cubes and place in a casserole dish with the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning over the chicken and tomato mixture.
- Top chicken with shredded mozzarella and dry stuffing mix.
- Drizzle butter evenly over the top of the stuffing mix.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and stuffing topping is browned.
Like this recipe? Leave a rating and a comment at the bottom of the page!
Obligatory Fictional Backstory
Everyone loves bruschetta – tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and other delicious ingredients pulverized and put on a toasty crostini. I had some leftover stuffing mix from Thanksgiving (yes, I know, I can make my own stuffing but by golly sometimes you just need a box) and needed something a little lighter than my usual go-to Comforting Chicken and Stuffing since, y’know, Thanksgiving just happened….
I had a can of tomatoes in the pantry and some chicken defrosted (we had finally finished off the turkey leftovers) so I threw some things together to see what happened. What happened was deliciousness. Bruschetta chicken deliciousness, to be specific.
Sorry this is late…again…but better late than never? Please excuse the photo, I haven’t unpacked all of my photography things yet.
There may not be an update next week, sorry! I know we just came back but things have been so crazy.
Can you do me a favor? If you have made and enjoyed ANY of my recipes would you mind leaving a comment on it? Thanks for your time!!