This Italian meatball recipe developed by my mom and approved by my adopted Nonna who was about as Italian as they come.
- 1 pound ground beef no leaner than 85/15 or you will have DRY meatballs
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or ¾ teaspoon table salt)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons spaghetti sauce
Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
Combine all ingredients above by hand, using your fingertips and not "squishing", until well mixed.
Roll into small balls - see picture below, banana for scale (but seriously, about 2.5-3" in diameter).
Bake for 18-20 minutes. Stir into your preferred heated spaghetti sauce and serve with spaghetti. Makes about 24 Italian meatballs (which is like 2 servings at my house).
Uncooked meatballs with a banana for scale.
These freeze well after cooking, just allow the pan to cool completely and stick it directly into the freezer for a few hours. Then you can pop the meatballs off the pan and put them into a freezer bag for storage.